Sunday, December 23, 2007

An Appropriate Sunday Prayer...


I just thought of something weird. Kaylee is included in the prayers of so many family members, friends, and strangers who want to see our daughter get better. How cool would that be if God let you listen in for a day or night. That would be powerful stuff. So it goes back to my weird thought, to hear a stranger say a few words to the big guy, for the love of your life, would be riveting, powerful, empowering, and sweet.

I love my child more then anything. You love your child or kids more then anything. The love is more then I can explain. You know, it would be like you trying to describe the love you have for yours. Although to convey that message would be next to impossible, I'd know exactly the love your talking about. I'm a parent. So to think that someone would take their time, to wish good things for my child makes me melt.


Riveting. I feel like I'm writing an English Novel. As adults we take jobs and spend our time divided between the home and our other life, work. The first being the most important but the second secures the home. I've often found that I would talk of my family and kids to my co-workers but they seldom ever had the chance to meet the core of my life. The family. At these times I wish everyone had the chance to spend a day with my family. If I'm going to ask and depend on prayers, I only wish I could show off the talent of my family. They're strong, dedicated, courageous, and all mine.


So if I could her some of those prayers as someone was laying down for the night or at any other moment of the day, I'd shut my eyes, take it in, and smile. I'd smile because that breath you used to say that prayer, those words you chose, are going to a well deserved child with a heart of gold. I might be biased or one-sided, but Kaylee Marie Quijas is an angel. My angel.

No comments: