Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Welcome Back Mr.Quijas...


We take Kaylee back to Children's Mercy tomorrow. It is time for our Methotrexate fix. This stuff is awful, but a miracle at the same time. This admission won't be missed if her counts do not work out. I would much rather have Kaylee rest for a week and go back next Wed., but Thanksgiving is next week. Tammie says "Let's get it over with." I say let's slow pace it. Tammie is right, but I hate the side effects.

This is a picture from Halloween. The kid in the Tootsie Roll is Nathan. He is my son's best friend and a second son for us. Christian, Kaylee, and Nathan are like siblings. We also have Alyssa, Kay's best friend. The four are always at our house. So they have been split in an out of control way. Cancer. The kids all seem to hang out at our house. Although Kaylee and Alyssa spent alot of time at Alyssa's house.



Sandra McHenry is Alyssa's mom. She is a good friend. She took off work when Kaylee got sick, she spent her birthday in Columbia when Kay was diagnosed. She is wonderful. I think it's funny how your kids can make you new friends. We didn't have a choice but to be friends with the McHenry's because they are such good people.



Kaylee went to the football game last night. I dropped the family off and p/u. I was going to go but I always end up by myself. Tam and Kay go on the track with the cheerleaders and I never get a seat because of the crowds so I end up somewhere trying to catch the game without luck, usually. We won! One more game and it's off to State. That game is held in St.Louis and we hope to go if the family is feeling good. Close enough to home.



Well that's about it. I am thankful for your time and will check back soon.


No comments: