Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Walking with dad...


I wanted to tell you about Kaylee. I've been writing about me and forgot to mention my daughter. We have been home and healthy for three weeks. Kaylee keeps getting sent home because our numbers don't add up. White blood cells, platelets, and ANC counts have to be perfect or they won't administer the Methotrexate. Again, I'm throwing out medical terms and I caution you to not perform surgery off my terms and techniques. I might be wrong with the names, but I'm trying to provide a visual and might be butchering the fancy chemo terms.


We check into the hospital at 10:00 AM this morning and we'll give it another shot. I wanted to give an update. I also named this blog in reference to the grocery store. My child is fifteen and makes it to the store with me weekly, sometimes daily. She sees her friends and schoolmates. Kaylee is with me when she's supposed to be with her girlfriends. She says hi to the workers and friends, and I'm sure she'd rather be running in for poster board or soy sauce.


Our situation is what it is. I'm glad Kaylee has a dad to walk with. I'm glad to have a beautiful daughter named Kaylee. I'm glad the last fifteen years of my life has been spent with my family. We've struggled at times but I've always had my family to push me and make me want to be a better man. I can't wait until Kaylee is out with the friends and I'm a distant memory. But for now she has me and I'll walk where ever she wants. The mall, the Price Chopper, or the hospital.

No comments: