Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Sound Of Sickness…

Sometimes silence speaks volumes. If you were to put your ear to my daughter's door you would hear sickness. Not distressing sounds of sickness but silence. She, Kaylee Marie Quijas, a fifteen year old who is supposed to be laughing and giggling on the phone is silent. Her phone is quite and the sounds of texting have faded. The TV is off and the lights are low. This isn't the way the story was planned.




There's no room for visitors or company. We are nursing a child and it is brutal. I would write anything if we weren't consumed with our situation. Flowers and rainbows might be my subject if things were different. Butterflies and clouds. Sticks and stones. But it's about silence. I'm sick for my kid.




Tammie says that she's positive that there is a great majority of people who might not be able to do what we are doing. It might make someone flee instead of fight. I can see what she means. There are men who might abandon the family instead of digging in. There are moms that might not be able to administer shots or discard clumps of hair that fall out during the struggle. They might flee. Maybe not, or I hope not.




My team will have me forever. I might get teary eyed at times, I might have to leave the room at times, but I'll never be far. I will do whatever it takes to get us through. I have faith and I have hope.

No comments: