Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Our Counts Didn't Add Up...


We couldn't stay in the hospital because of Kaylee's low platelets. I am fine with the decision. We are having Thanksgiving on Monday. This works out fine. I think Kaylee should have two weeks off after her treatments. I'm not sure how one would do after only one week of rest.




Our celebrations are on hold but our fight is in full gear. We can handle the early Thanksgiving, we can handle a missed Halloween, and an emergency room Fourth of July. We are geared up for a fight that should start to wind down after two more intakes. Our next round will include steroids but I think we can handle that.




My family thinks I'm a cry baby. The little things can trigger my emotions. Today for example we were at The Bronx Deli and a mother was saying goodbye to her daughter and grand daughter. There was something so sweet about the generations of family that made me start crying. I can't explain it, but it makes me love family. It is comparable to a beautiful sunset, a wave, or a kiss. I appreciate things more. Kaylee is too young to understand. But I get it.




When we were driving home it was like a rock taken off my shoulders. I was relieved but exhausted. I was so worried today for my little girl that it was tiring. Tammie says I need to stop crying. Not in a bad way, but she laughs and says its OK. We are going to be fine. I can't explain why it hurts me so. Maybe its because I can't do anything about this.

No comments: