Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Locks Of Love, An Extra Tool...


Our new wig arrived a couple of weeks ago. We were a lucky recipient of a Locks of Love masterpiece. This wig is a amazing. You can cut it, dye it, wash it, and swim in it. It is form fitting so you can do almost anything in it. Thank you.

Kaylee fell a sleep in her wig last night. Tammie went in to wake her to see if she wanted to take it off and she declined. What a gift and tool to receive. Kaylee is comfortable with herself but this wig helps make her feel normal. Most people can't tell there's anything wrong if she has her hair on.
Again that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean. I write the words normal and something wrong and I feel guilty. We have extra responsibility. I'm not sure who lives without thinking about those two words. Normal and Wrong.

If I'm not politically correct please accept my apology. We live a normal life and we don't have anything wrong. As a normal standard of living we are battling things that most won't. I'm not sure if I can tell you if it's right or wrong but it's the hand we were dealt. I'm really aware that things could be worse. I travel in circles throughout the month where you stop and count your blessings for whatever hits you. There are heartbreaking stories at 24th & Gilliham Rd.. The people have names and the kids are real. I say that because I drove by the hospital for years and didn't realize that as easy as those people are in the hospital for days, weeks, or months it could be me or my family.


The weird thing is, you never think it will happen to you. I realized this morning that I do something on every holiday. I count back the years and try to remember what and where we were the year before. I always grab Tammie and remind her how long it has been. I want to say this might be close to our 20th Thanksgiving. Wow. That is history. Its one thing to know someone 2o years, but to share the most important days of the year with someone is priceless. It's called family.

So remember to tell your family members how important each person is. Whether it's your kid, your wife or that crazy brother-in-law; each person has a purpose, even if you don't see it as you scan around the dining room table. Every person has an impact on someone even if you can't put your finger on it. I'm one that can testify that you'll see good things in people that you never saw coming.

One family member drove miles to help me with my brakes so I could safely drive my family to our destinations. Another opened up their house for an early Thanksgiving for my family (if one dinner wasn't enough for them). An unexpected phone call from another informing us that they will deliver us a hot turkey dinner on Thanksgiving. Such an honor to see the good in people. That's family and that's priceless in my book!

No comments: