Friday, November 16, 2007

Her Four Yr. Old...My Fifteen Yr. Old...

I opened an email from a girl who attended the same high school as me this morning. Her four year old daughter is battling cancer. This has been going on for a month or so. So sad. I graduated with her cousin, and that was probably the only two connections we would have ever had. Same school and the same class as the cousin. But now we are in this special fraternity. A fraternity of parents battling for our children's health. Her four year old and my fifteen year old.






I know that there are so many members of this ugly fraternity but I'm thinking about two. Jillian and Kaylee. I find myself comparing my emotions to others. How do others take such devastating news? Are people calm? Do they lose it? Is it hard to function? Is it all faith for some and not for others? I don't know. How ever seasoned a parent anyone is




No comments: