Friday, November 23, 2007

Clean Hands and a License...


Happy Thanksgiving. We hope you had a wonderful day and I hope you enjoyed your family. We took it easy all day. A break from our normal Thanksgiving running around. We ate our dinner Monday because of our anticipated hospitalization on Wednesday.


Our blood counts didn't work out Wednesday so we were sent home. My brother-in-laws mother-in-law sent us a dinner last night. Did you get that? That was confusing yet simple to write. This kind woman is Nancy and we are thankful and grateful. She ordered us our own dinner that had all the fixings. Turkey, potatoes, green beans, and some pie.

I was taking my son to St.Louis last night for the State Football Championship that is being played today. We were packed and had the car running about 10:30 PM last night. We had our hotel picked and our route mapped. Then I couldn't find my license. We searched for an hour and couldn't find it. I took it as a sign not to go and we made our way back into the house. Sorry Christian.

I was OK with not leaving last night. It didn't feel right. Something told me not to go, and sure enough I lost my drivers license. Maybe it was nothing but maybe it was something. I'm not into signs but they say you have to be aware of them if they arrive. I was scared of the car breaking down and the extremely cold weather. My biggest disappointment was for Christian. We had breakfast planned and the swimming pool in our sights. But life has different plans sometimes.

When we were getting ready to leave, we were in the drive way and a car pulled in front of the house and snapped a picture. After taking the picture the fancy car drove off. Weird. So I was spooked abit and felt better staying with my girls instead of leaving. Who knows.

Something happens to you mentally when you see first hand how fragile your existence really is. You appreciate the team a little more. I think people rally for you when something like sickness or death hits the family. It is devastation. But at the end of the day, family and friends have to go back to their reality and leave you with the situation at hand. You're on your own.


Our Holidays are usually uneventful. I'd have problems telling you anything about 2, 5, or 7 years ago. But this one will be remembered for some time. I woke this morning and went downstairs to take care of our animals and thought how comfortable yesterday was. We didn't have to run, me and Tammie didn't argue about who's house we were going to go to first and for how long, and we didn't care if the turkey was moist or not. We are back to the fight and back to the fact that you have to have clean hands and a clean bill of health if you want to enter this house!

No comments: