Monday, October 29, 2007

West Side Stage...Confusion Stage


We are proud to announce yet another generous act from the community. On Friday November 2, 2007 the Lee's Summit West Theatrical Department, West Side Stage, is dedicating a performance to my daughter. The Comedy of Errors will be this Friday at Lee's Summit West High School. The performance will begin at 7:30. Everyone is invited and I encourage all to attend.


Thank you to Mr.Martin and all the kids who voted to donate the nights performance to Kaylee. We are honored and touched by your thoughtful generosity. I can't explain the warm feeling I got when Mr.Martin said all the kids wanted to honor one of their own. We thank you.


I have to admit that I've been overwhelmed and a bit slow lately. My thank you cards are delayed again. I also must confess that the kindness has made me somewhat confused. I appreciate everything, but foreign to the receiving part. It's a stage or phase I'm told, but I don't know how to react to the kindness being tossed from every direction.


Sometimes I feel like a failure if I accept the giving. I'm asking people to donate their blood (Thank You Again for taking that huge needle!), drive to our benefits (Sorry about gas prices), and buy our t-shirts (Hope that large was a true large). Everything has been put together by kind people, but If I accept cards with money and benefits what does that say about me. Does it make me a failure? Do people say that poor Kaylee Quijas? Do we fall in the indigent category?
We are not indigent and we are not begging. We are just an average family who has hit some tough times. We have been out of whack but are climbing back. Every one's generosity is greatly appreciated and has helped us tremendously. I guarantee everyone reading that I will pay it forward to that next family that needs help.
This blog will be one that I will regret in the morning. But I want everyone to know that my slow response to emails and phone calls has been due to my confusion over this embarrassing issue. I want to protect my family and I want all of us to hold our head high. I want no regrets after we get through this. Please forgive me If I've put our problems on you. Thank You!

No comments: