Thursday, October 25, 2007

Until Tomorrow…



I can't tell you where we go from here. Hopefully it's complete health and back to a normal routine. Kaylee has several more admissions and two years of treatment. I wanted to share our day and our journey with everyone but more importantly I want Kaylee to know what we went through. I'm certain she will not forget it but I wanted to document the Behind the Scenes aspect. She knows dad for being dad, and not the scared parent, the hurt man, or the confused being. So thank you for taking in a snap shot of our lives and our battle.




I cannot begin to tell you the shock, disbelief, or hurt that comes with the words CANCER. Throw in CHILD and CANCER and you melt. Maybe someone will read my story and realize that they are not alone. I felt alone and I felt like I was blazing trails no others had before. But that isn't the case. There have been others before me and unfortunately there will be others after me.




Keep your faith in whatever you find faith in. Realize there is help & hope and be healthy. I had to see a doctor for sleep depravation, depression, and anxiety. So seek help if needed and talk. If writing a blog gets you through it then do it. I am not shy to say that I had to try several different avenues but writing was just right. The fog sets in but starts to disappear shortly after. There is no manuscript on how to react or cope. But realize that there are countless others who have battled and are willing to help.







No comments: