Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lets Do It Again...

Hello. How are you? I'm doing good, thank you. We are at our four month mark. It has been four months and that is good. We admit into the hospital tomorrow. It's for the ugly chemo. I believe we will be there for 4-5 days.

This stuff we are taking is very strong and has the potential to make you very sick. We know first hand. It tore our daughter to pieces last week. She has been feeling good so it almost makes you sick that we have to be the ones driving her to her appointment with sickness. I guess someone has to take her. But I wish it wasn't me. I want to bypass Children's Mercy and head to the Great Wolf Lodge. Wishful thinking.

We have this weekend to deal with and then she has two more stays and we move into maintenance. That is a less frequent treatment program. We monitor the cancer to see if it reoccurs. I pray she gets it out of her system. That's the worst fear for me. Having a flair up and starting this all over. It's out of our hands and I can't worry about future what ifs.

I'm happy to be hanging with the family. We do everything together and it is fun. Smelling the rose's is good. My priorities have changed. I wish the best for me in all aspects of life but some are less important now then four months ago. Is that bad? I don't think so because I'm having my eyes opened to what matters. God, health, family, friends and livelihood have a certain harmony. I appreciate the whole list but find some more important.

Who cares. I hope our visit turns out good and I look forward seeing everyone Saturday at Gail's Harley. I will be there most of the day but might switch shifts so Tammie can come. Please remember to include Kay in your prayers.

No comments: