Sunday, October 28, 2007

Thanks Again...


To everyone that came out to the blood drive, Thank You. We received 71 bags of blood and it was a complete success. I enjoyed seeing everyone and those that I missed I apologize.

It was so nice sitting with Bailee Woods and her family. Bailee is battling leukemia and she is also from Lee's Summit. Bailee is 15, the same age as my little girl. After it was all over we sat and talked family to family. We have so much in common, I feel blessed we have them. Our two girls have so much in common that having each other is a gift. I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone but to have that person Kaylee can talk to is priceless.

Our life is connected to Children's Mercy and so is the Woods'. We know the same nurses and doctors. We know the food, the protocol, and the routine. I compare our relationship to walking through the woods at night without a flash light. Doing by yourself is scary, but knowing you have someone else in those woods is comforting. I'm not sure if that makes much sense but its my comparison. We are just waiting for day light so we know exactly where we are going.

Once again, Thank You. Our fight started over four months ago. We did some rough math and figured Kay has used somewhere between 16-32 bags of blood. Sixteen weeks and 1-2 bags of blood a week = 32 bags. So you can see how important 71 bags of life can be to a family like ours. Keep in mind that your time and donation can save a life. We know because we live it.
If anyone needs any info on blood drives, or if you need to talk to me feel free to email me at michael@inadtv.com .

No comments: