Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's Almost A Country Song...


Its late, 3:17 AM. I went and had a couple of beers tonight with my good friend Justin Murray. We did the math tonight and realized we've been friends for 31 years. A long and priceless relationship.

I got home and the house is very clean. There are bags of grocery's everywhere. Well, not every where but on the counter tops. Bags are packed, magazines, ipods, and computers are ready to go. We are checking into the hospital tomorrow. Kay went shopping to stock her room with snacks, soups, and goodies while she is away from home. We are packed as if the bus were departing to Vail, CO bright and early. Its not Vail but Children's Mercy Hospital.

When I came home today and noticed the clean house I thanked Tammie. She looked at me and said "this house better not be dirty when I come home!" Again, its Tammie's strong attitude that gets us through. There will be no unexpected problems, our stay will be uneventful, and routine. That's how Tammie views it. So I will follow her lead and take her stance. Uneventful & a routine admission. All I have to worry about is keeping the house clean. Simple.

I have to be at the vet at 7:00 AM. Garth, our dog, has a tumor on his back and is scheduled for surgery. He is ten and very big. We pray that his tumor isn't cancerous. I can't keep up with this cancer. My daughter, my dog, and it's almost a country song!

No comments: