Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Hands Down...


Welcome back friends & family. I am going to have a good day. I am leaving for the office and will think only positive thoughts today. No wishing illness on anyone today, no emotional break downs, and only happy thoughts. We are checking back in the hospital tomorrow, so I might have to do something special for the family tonight.


I was looking at Tammie's hands last night and noticed her nails haven't been done in months. After further review, I noticed her hands were dry. I asked why they were so dry and she said it was from the germicide hand stuff. She has her sanitizer at all times. Everything she touches, she sanitizes. Her involvement and care of Kaylee means she has to be very careful of germs and infection. She advised me that lotion wasn't working and clean hands were more important then dry hands. Interesting. Her nails aren't important because she is working. Working on getting Kaylee better. So I have to say that her set of hands are the most important tool I have these days. Those hands might be dry, but they're healing and comforting. Just a few months ago, Tammie was worried about nails, fills, and polish. Now we're just worried about temps, fevers, and sanitizer. Hands down, Tammie is my hero today!

No comments: