Monday, October 22, 2007

Dolce & Gabbana


So I haven't written a blog in days and now I'm knocking out two in minutes. A quick story. I went shopping for perfume today. Kaylee wanted Dolce & Gabbana, Light Blue. So I went to Macy's and found the Fragrance Department. I was picking out my purchase and had a moment. I was getting perfume for a child that wants to feel good. She could have worked me for a new phone, ipod, or computer but she wanted perfume. She wants to smell good. She wants to look good. And she wants to feel better. What a moment.


I never want any of you to feel it. I'm sorry, I want no one to go to Macy's and purchase their fifteen year old daughter, who is battling cancer, a bottle of Light Blue. It was special but avoid it, believe me!


So back to the story and back to a blog I wrote some time ago. I'm going to the cashier with my deluxe box that carries perfume, lotion, shower gel, and an on-the-go bottle. Little bitty bottle. I give the box to the cashier and start crying. Crying, again! In public. The lady takes my box and noticing my teared up eyes, asks "who's the present for?" I tell her and she says "I feel your pain, my twenty one year old son passed away three years ago from Cystic Fibrosis."

I wiped my tears and we had a moment. Then I walked out thinking what that mother told me on the cancer floor at Children's Mercy Hospital. "No matter how bad your story is, someone has a worse one."


My prayers are with you.

No comments: