Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Our House Is A Very Very Fine House....



We live in Lee's Summit, MO. Our home is a modest, California-Split with a 3 car garage. We have 4 bedrooms, a finished walkout basement and an unfinished sub-basement. We moved from California in August 2004.


Our family (my sis,her husband Chris Sharp, Trey-4,Bailey-12, and Emily 14) live just about a mile away. We are very close to them. The transition from Cali to KC was smooth. We had a support system as soon as we arrived.



The best thing or decision we ever made was moving back home to be close to our family. I think it was Gods work. If we would of stayed there in LA, I'm not sure how we would of done it. Everyone is so distant there. Especially when its not your family or your hometown. We made the move at a wonderful time. The kids are doing great with their friends and sports.
I feel like our house is our sanctuary. We are bunkered down and home more then ever before.
All of our hectic lives have slowed down and home is where we are the majority of time. It takes an event like this to make you slow down and appreciate your yard, your dog, and your home. Maybe its just me, but I always have done my reflection after the fact. I get caught up, always have, and didn't take time to smell the roses. Maybe this all has a purpose?



So here we are. I'm not sure if its roses I'm smelling, because this situation is a little stinky!

No comments: