Friday, September 21, 2007

Suckered!



I took Kaylee to the football game this evening. We played Park Hill and played great. We left early in the 4th Qtr. and didn't see who won. But we were winning 7-0 when we made our departure.


I was told that the Quarterback - Jake Johnson #19 - named one of the game balls after my daughter. How awesome is that? Some guy named Jake, Jake Johnson, a senior, a Quarterback, a popular guy, dedicating the winning ball to my daughter. Kaylee Marie Quijas. I'm sure it was just, Kaylee, but Jake Johnson you're my hero.




But back to the ball game. I took Kaylee, and Tammie went to Christians baseball games. He played in a tournament in Blue Springs, MO.. He pitched the whole game and and had a spectacular evening with the bat. I never played baseball but wrestled and played football. My son finds it hard to think I played anything and lets me know this. Its the age and the fact that he knows me only as Daddy. Its all good.




Kaylee has no immune system. Since it wasn't in an enclosed area, we let her go. She so enjoys the interaction and attention. I don't blame her. I would want to do the same if I was her. But there are precautions one takes. The mask being top priority. But she didn't wear one and when I asked she said it was in her purse. Well her purse was next to her. I said put it on and she looks at me like only a daughter could and says "Daddy I don't want to wear it, please?" Well me being dad and sympathetic to her just wanting to forget about the cancer for a few hours says O.K..


Well it is unacceptable and stupid for me to take emotions over logic. But I did. Suckered! I won't let it happen again. No immune, no mask, no way! I'll admit I'm weak when it comes to Kaylee. There's something about those eyes and that voice that gets me.
So lets recap the last 3 months - an event held in your honor, a digital billboard, and a game ball. Oh, I almost forgot, Leukemia!

No comments: