Tuesday, August 21, 2007

www.randomthankyou.com



I'm going to start a project with Kaylee. We are going to start a website called http://www.randomthankyou.com/ . We are going to invite family,friends, and strangers to thank someone for doing something nice. We will encourage the thank you at the time of the good deed but our website will praise kind acts of all sorts.


The idea came to me as I watch a security guard every week at Children's Mercy Hospital help people. This guy goes way beyond his duties and always has a smile and a helping hand. I want to be like that guy. No kidding. This guy is always there with a kind word, an extended hand, and a professional demeanor. I've been down in spirit several times when I'm at the hospital but I get re-energized after watching this man in uniform.


I want Kaylees involvement because it is magical when you get excited about a new endeavor. From my past experience, it is so therapeutic to create a project that brings feedback and goodwill in the community. The anticipation to check your mail daily to find that one story that touches you is priceless. My goal is to get Kaylee occupied in something that will ease some of her pain and let her be the CEO of our new online Thank You business!

No comments: