Saturday, August 18, 2007

Welcome Back...



August 17, 2007 - We had to check into Children's Mercy tonight. My daughter is sick with a fever. Not such a big deal if you have an immune system, but when you have a 0% immune its not good. We have one hour from the time we discover her fever @101.5 to check into the hospital. It is our first time to check-in with a fever. Our admissions have been for pain, not fever.


I hate the pain but I'm scared of the fever. There are so many factors with a fever. Virus, infection, or any of those other things that make you sick. All this is so new. I've never really considered immune systems.
I'm not the type to go share an ice cream cone with a stranger but I never had to monitor the company I was with. Today I want to know if anyone is sick, did anyone have something recently that might be transferable to my kid, did this person or that person wash their hands.
A simple ear infection, flu, or hang nail could be very dangerous. All we can do is pray and hope she gets better today. Hopefully they will let us go home in 48-72 hours if the fever goes down and the blood work turns out ok.

No comments: