Saturday, August 18, 2007

Reference...


I've tried to think about my personal experience with sickness. I've never had one. My Aunt/Godmother passed away in 2004 but I was in LA and didn't spend much time with her. My mom had cancer in the 1960's before I was born.


Since this has started I've went back in time and have tried to think of someone. I had a girlfriend in high school who lost her mother to sickness. It was before I knew her, but I can't recall ever asking about her experience. It was probably because I was scared to. But I feel for everyone that has dealt with the sickness or the death of someone they love. I guess when you battle something it really puts you in a class of your own. Some people are strong, some crumble, but what do you learn?



I think that this has made me look at things and people differently. I truly respect people more. I don't want to get upset over petty issues because everything is just that-petty! I don't want to offend or get into a confrontation with anyone because I don't know their story. Do they have a sick child at home? A mother sick in bed? I believe this experience has made me a better man.

I see things differently now. You never know what someone is battling or what fight they've already battled.

No comments: