Friday, August 31, 2007

Kansas City, Kansas



I sometimes think Kaylees a very lucky young lady. Its not an easy thing to say, but we could be in a much worse situation. We could be in a village in Africa, off 1 HWY in Baja California, or in a housing project somewhere.
We've got our boxing gloves on, we're in Lee's Summit, MO, and we have the best support system around. My prayers go out to those who are suffering around the world. Right now we are concentrating on comfort. Kaylee is comfortable.
Would I turn this disease down in a minute? Yes. Would I wish this disease on anyone? No.
But I'm having issues. I feel terrible for our family. Do I want to be sensitive and caring ? Yes. But I wish it wasn't us dealing with all this shit.
So many people say, "So she's doing pretty good?" Well yeah, if you mean is she still breathing and getting up everyday. But she feels so sick so many days. Today she felt great. So we are blessed. Tomorrow when she arrives at Childrens Mercy Hospital and leaves after treatment and blood transfusions I'll let you know exactly how she feels. But today she feels great!
I've included a picture of my childhood home in KCKS. It was located off Southwest Blvd. in the Rosedale section of KCK. I thank God that Kaylee isn't sick in my old room on 39th Ave..


We had good years in that old house but if I was sick it wouldn't be the place I'd want to be, and if I hurt any feelings I'm sorry. My Mother did the best for us she could, although I made a few mistakes in that neighborhood, I think we've done o.k.. That area in KCK makes you tough, and street smart but right now its health & comfort I want to focus on.



As a place to get educated in Street Smarts there wasn't a better place. But to nurse a sick kid it wouldn't be my top pick. We did what we had to, but I thank God Kaylee is in a comfortable place with room to stretch out. They say "all interesting people have a past" and I won't deny that, but I'd much rather work on the interesting part in the suburbs.



I believe that you should never forget where you came from, but I want my kids to have opportunities that I might not of had. We lived in a place where most parents had to think it over, then think it over again before they'd let little Billy come over for the weekend. The surprising thing is that they always let 'em come over. I think that says something about my Mother.



No comments: