Monday, August 13, 2007

Cupcakes




August 13, 2007 - 10:15 pm Kaylee is feeling better and looking better too. She is starting to gain weight and moving around the house. Tonight she made cupcakes and frosted them as well. We left her alone for the first time. It was only for 30 minutes but I feel like we gave her some freedom and space.




I feel like our recovery is on track. She has a low immune system but is taking it well. Today I felt like Kaylee feels good mentally and feels healthy in her head but she physically feels weak. This has to be hard on a young person. To know you're not well but feel well. I'm sure she wants to get on with life and leave this moment behind.


I'm ready to move forward. This speed bump has made our family closer. We have been together as a family more than we have in years. I think when it comes down to it we only have each other. I think everyone has good intentions but my family is just that, my family. I have to take care of my team because nobody else will.


No comments: