Friday, August 24, 2007

Courage



August 24, 2007 - My baby girl was featured in the Lee's Summit Journal today. She is such an inspiration. When the phone call came and the photographer showed up we were concerned that she wasn't ready to expose herself and her story to all of her friends and neighbors. But Kaylee said that she is comfortable with herself and wants to let others know that its not about the outside but whats inside that matters. Wow!



So this morning when I saw her little face on the cover of the newspaper I cried with happiness. Her picture, her courage speaks- it shouts volumes! I as a parent am so proud of this person, I'm so proud she's mine. She is going to give other young kids the courage, confidence, and hope that is so important when you're fighting such a big battle!


I proudly showed my article to everyone. I want everyone to know that this young girl is mine. Instead of hiding -like I would have at 15 yrs. old- she said here I am and I'm fighting. To think how we all just want to fit in, how we try to dress the same, talk the same, walk the same, and then you're smacked with an illness that makes you stand out, breaks your heart. Or does it?

Today I thought to my self that this little angel is blessed. She doesn't care what people think, and she knows that as easy as it happened to her it could happen to any of us. Courage!

No comments: