Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thanks again...

It feels like months since my last entry. I hope life is treating you and yours well. Nothing to complain about here. We are trying to get back to normal after a long break. Kaylee rejoined her classmates at school this week. Kaylee said everyone in her classes were glad to see her.

I can tell Kaylee is troubled that she has so many commitments and obligations with this disease. She isn't able to join her girl friends to parties. She has to take chemo nightly and she has to be accountable for the meds. Kaylee isn't able to disappear with friends like she used to and I think that affects her friendships. She is home a lot and I feel for her.

When this all started I rationalized why Kaylee may have been stricken with cancer. I thought maybe God gave it to Kaylee so she might be spared from a tragic car wreck. Since Kaylee is home more days and nights because of the disease than an average teenager it might lower the odds of her being in a car where there's underage drinking. It might lower her chances of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Since time has passed now, it is harder to rationalize the disease. We watch our little girl spectate from the sidelines on most days and it hurts a little.

The saying is "it is what it is" and I agree but sometimes you wish this was happening to someone else besides your child. Kaylee never complains and I respect her for that. We are just about 10 months away from the end of our treatments and we are grateful that time has flown by.

I want to thank everyone for the kind words, gracious acts of kindness, and for all the prayers!

No comments: