Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An update on grandma...

We have been blessed with an outpouring of support from the community for Kerry. The KC Star article has really helped us. For me it's nice that other people became aware of this situation. I kept going up to the hospital doing as much as I could but we needed help from the public. The letters and offers of help have been uplifting and has made all this worth it.

Kerry is still out of it as she breath's with the ventilator but we pray she improves. We received a call from the Immigration Dept. asking for additional paperwork so we think it is moving forward. Just how much it's moving forward we'll have to wait and see. A phone call is better than no calls.

When I heard the news about the call I felt so good I can't explain it. I got chills. This help we've been trying to give had a starting point but the end seems to elude us. It has been frustrating. I'm hopeful we can get Kerry's grandmother here now that it has been publicly printed, televised, and talked about. I guess anything good takes work. Say a prayer for Kerry and keep your fingers crossed for grandma.

No comments: