Sunday, May 11, 2008

To you on Mother's Day...


I am writing this blog today for Tammie Lei Quijas. First I want to say Happy Mother's Day. It's hard to describe with words to anyone the road we've traveled this last 10 months. No parent should have to endure the nightmare we've encountered this last year. I often think to myself that God has a plan, I'm just glad that he included you in my plan. Even though we've had obstacles and adversity to get around I feel blessed that I have you to travel with.



I want to commend you on your care and love you have shown all of us for as long as I can remember but more importantly the last year. You have been strong when I wasn't. You put a spin on things for me that made me tougher and able to get through. You administered medicine and shots to our child when she begged you not too, but you did and I thank you. You carry Kaylee's cancer book to every appointment so you can document every single dosage and comment. I thank you for being with me through the nights we cried and held each other in the hospital not knowing if Kaylee was going to make it another day. I thank you knowing and being able to relate to the pain I felt over a certain little girl named Kaylee Marie Quijas. I thank you for taking care of Christian every morning before school because you needed and need him to know his day is just important as everyone else's. I thank you for having something always ready to eat for Christian when he gets off the bus. I thank you for never wanting to leave the hospital. I thank you for standing by me in all my endeavors when everyone else said it wouldn't work. I thank you for taking pride in your home and having it comfortable and clean for all of us when we arrive home. I thank you for the positive, unwavering position you have shown through all of this sickness. I thank you for the love you have demonstrated to both of our children. I thank you for being the parent who is at every practice and game for her kids. I thank you for acting like I never surprise you with my accomplishments. I thank you for reminding me that I can do great things, or in your words "Your Michael Quijas and you can do anything!" I thank you for creating an environment where every kid wants to be at our home. Finally, I want to thank you for doing the yard work. Without you we would have angry neighbors and dirty clothes!

No comments: