Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sleepless Nights...

Kaylee has been without an immune system for almost a month. Her doctors think it is the chemo that is ravaging her system and putting her at risk. We had a bone marrow test done last Wednesday to see if the cancer had come back and it showed that it hadn't. The test was done on Wednesday and all the results came back negative on Friday. On Friday night Kaylee looked soo tired and we told her. She said "how would you sleep at night if you had to wait for news if your cancer had returned?"

It was at that moment that I looked at her differently. She wasn't my kid but a person. A person scared for her health. Wow! Can you imagine the fright you or I would have concerning our health? I get caught up that this person is my kid and we are going through this together but it really is just Kaylee. I don't have to get the needles, bone marrow, or spinal taps. It is my baby but ultimately I go to sleep but does she on days like those? Apparently not. My baby but it's her sleepless nights! I love you Kaylee Marie and I'm so glad the school year is over. You are a Junior as of today, and I know this coming school year will be an awesome time in your life.

No comments: