Saturday, November 3, 2007

One More Day…



It looks like we will be in CMH for one more day. Kaylee is content being in here for one more day. I respect that. I just want my family home ASAP, but if that extra day makes Kay comfortable I can put my wants to the side.


Tammie is at home and has been for a few hours. Christian and the pets love when she is there. I don't blame them. I only feel truly comfy when Tammie is home.


I can vouch for the saying "home is where the heart is" We have moved to so many different cities and we always could unpack that last box and feel comfortable knowing that we were all together. The streets would change, and my grocery store would be different but our family was always there. The team.




How lucky were we to move back to Kansas City? We had our family, friends, and history here in KC. It was a smooth transition. The nieces and nephews were here. That's cousins for the kids, which meant my kids fit in even before they arrived. No brainer.




I love our community. The way everyone has embraced our situation with kindness is incredible. I feel blessed that we are where we are. My daughter is loved throughout the city because she's one of the children of Lee's Summit. Thank you again from my family to yours. To fight this alone would be torture. To know you have a town in your corner makes the fight not so scary.



No comments: