Monday, September 24, 2007

Three Forty One...



I can't sleep. I'm tired but still nothing. Its almost four in the morning and the household is sound asleep. Everyone except me. I try but its useless. TV is boring, music isn't working and the pills can't seem to do the job. So I'll write and maybe that'll spark some shut eye.





I can't believe that we've been fighting this cancer for three months now. Kaylee is starting to get some fuzz on that head. She wore her wig to the game on Friday. During the announcements they said that there was a chance of rain during the game. I immediately got worried. Is the wig waterproof? All I could think was we're going to ruin her wig, catch a cold, and run to the car. So I positioned myself closer to the area where she was sitting so I could move into action. It starting raining sometime after we left the game so I didn't have to hurdle the fence and save the day! But I was ready.






Speaking of heads. I was looking at my high school picture and thought about my big neck. I wrestled for years which resulted in a thick neck. Somewhere between 1987 - 2007 my head got bigger than my neck. Its true. When I went to shave my head, to show support for Kaylee, she grabbed me and politely suggested that I keep my hair. What? I said no, I'm going to do this for you. She said really Dad, "Keep the hair." Was she trying to tell me something?





My son is straight forward with his observations. He told me a month ago that I'm missing my earlobes. Missing my earlobes? He says my ears connect at the bottom and therefore eliminating the lobes. Hmmm. I look in the mirror and sure enough, I'm missing the lobes. Thirty eight years and I just became aware that God forgot the lobes. But it gets better.





Christian also informed me that I have a ball at the end of my nose. A ball? Sure enough I look in the mirror and my nose is a little ballsy. Thirty eight years and I never noticed that my nose is ballsy. I have to laugh about it because I never took notice of my lobes or nose. But it took my kid just less than twelve years to figure out my short comings.



Oh, he also told me some years back that I have a strong resemblance to Fred Flintstone. I'm not kidding and he was serious. So I'm thinking just cartoon, but he lets me know that not only could I pass for the cartoon but I could easily be a stand in for John Goodman, who played Fred in the movie. Ouch.



I'd like to say I was offended but his serious and candid comments were sincere. He was just letting me know that I have no earlobes, a ballsy nose, and a strong resemblence to Fred Flintstone. Kaylee has been present during most of these conversations and always says"He's got a point Dad."


So I guess I have abnormalities that I somehow missed during my thirty eight years of living. But leave it to my kids to point it out. This wasn't the best blog but then again its Four Thirty.

No comments: