Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Admission...



Kaylee just got admitted in the hospital. It wasn't long after the pain started that the fever started to rise. I was diagnosed with bronchitis today and I hope to God I didn't pass it to her. Tammie is on her own and I'm in charge of getting Christian to school.





I couldn't hug, kiss, or shake hands with my little girl when she left. I'm sick. But to say goodbye with a wave just wasn't right. I never get sick and if I do it doesn't ever deal with lungs. Today when they told me I was developing bronchitis I couldn't believe it. My worst fear is pneumonia. No immune system and pneumonia is a scary combo. What's also scary is the roller coaster of her health. One day she looks like she's getting normal and the next she looks terrible. Her strength, her walk, and motions resemble that of an elderly person or maybe it resembles a sick child with cancer.




She limps and it kills me. I want to see a back hand spring not a limp. Just when it seems we can focus on life besides this sickness, bam, it hits you. This isn't our first hospital stay and it won't be our last, but this one is different. I can't be there and I couldn't say goodbye.






So when you read this next year, in five, or ten years from now I want you to know that I was there and I was with you and I'll always be here for you. Please get better Kaylee Quijas.

No comments: