Thursday, August 30, 2007

H2O


The word on the street is if you're stranded, ship wrecked, or buried alive - you'll last longer with fluids then with a rump roast. I find comfort in food so that rule might not apply to me, but who knows.
Well, I bring up hydration because we've been in the hospital since 7 am this morning pumping Kaylee with fluids. The fluids are a critical part of the chemo she is taking tonight. She will be in the hospital for 24 hours so that she is flowing with IV Fluids so the chemo doesn't hurt her. I guess this stuff is pretty dangerous if you don't have enough fluids to flush this poison through your system.
We were supposed to be checked in yesterday but there wasn't any room for my child. Busy day, but they almost or should I say they suggested that we have Home Medic Services deliver IV Fluids to the house and we would administer the fluids and take care of everything at home. I declined.
There is a certain point in this thing that you want the experts doing their part, then there's the other side where you want to go on as normal as possible. But when it comes to administering fluids and monitoring certain levels please check us in.
Tammie is polite and would listen to our options but I'm not to certain when it comes down to my M.D. skills. High School was great but my Junior College credits came up short. So we waited until today for our chemo, and Kay should be released tomorrow. My little piece of advice, if you have a gas leak call the Gas Company, if you have Leukemia and need chemo - call a Doctor!

No comments: