Saturday, June 30, 2007

So Tired


June 30, 2007 5:12 p.m. - Kaylee has been in good spirits and her condition seems to be improving. The doctors have hinted that they will let us leave tomorrow. I don't think she is ready but they want to check test results. We are keeping our fingers crossed.



July 1, 2007 8:30 - Tammie called me and was crying. It scared me at first. But she advised me that the doctors all agreed that she should go home for the night and check into Childrens Mercy Hospital tomorrow. We think they want to meet & greet but there is always a possibility of them keeping her.

July 2, 2007 - Our first appt. was today and we met our new doctor(s). Dr.Woods is suppose to be very good at working with kids and canccer. My kiddo has lost 19lbs. in the last 3 days. She is taking a steroid that is suppose to make her gain wait. Something isn't working. We have to come back tomorrow for a liver check-up.

July 3, 2007 - Me,Tammie, & Kaylee arrived @ Childrens Mercy at 9:45 am and checked into the G.I. (Gut Doctor) department of the hospital. Her liver is very troubling. There is concern and I feel that they know more then they are letting us know. Kaylee lost another 2lbs. She has lost 21lbs. in days and it is scaring me badly. She looks sooooooooo skinny and sick. It bothers her most that her wait gain and yellow eyes are so evident. She told me tonight that she is embarrassed. I admire her so much because she says she has no worries. I know she is lying because there is no way a child could be so brave or is she? I am sick worried that I might lose my baby. It makes me even sicker that I am writing all this but I want to remember each day. Tomorrow is the fourth of July and we want to have more of them as a family. I want to have Kaylee and her husband & kids coming out to the house in 10-15 years from now. I am scared!

July 4, 2007 - 8:30 am, I have let Kaylee take over my laptop, and I went to her room to get it and asked her how she was. Every answer is the same, "I'm Tired". Please get strong and pull your self through this. I am watching my child run empty on fuel. This day is one of the most important days for my son and I'm just worn out out for Kaylee.

No comments: